vAk - The design patternLike speech is expression of beings, Universe is the expression of Atman.
vAk is that expression. It is four-fold. The four stages of vAk in terms of human expression are Para, pazyanti, madhyama and vaikhAri.
This vAk is a 'design pattern'. This is applicable to both Human expression and Universe's expression.
Brhadharanyaka Upanishad says vAg is the 'prajna'. Prajna is the primary 'jnA'. 'jnA' is the knowing. pra-jnA is the consciousness. In Br. Up Prajna is the Consciousness of the Atman, which is expressed as the Universe. This prajna is also four-fold.
In other words, Human expression (vAg) and Universal expression (prajnA) are the same.
In terms of Universal expression, Prajna, the four-fold expression, which is the consciousness of Atman, evolve frombackground quantum oscillations in vacuum, probabilistic quantum fields, deterministic classical particles as we see it, with evolution of new matter forms facilitated by 'virtual' particles (like virtual gluons, pions etc) across all three stages.
In terms of Human expression, vAg the four-fold expression, which is the speech of human beings, evolves from arising of thoughts, operating of vocal chords and production of speech, all facilitated by a manas/mind across all three stages.
In terms of Human expression, Para is the manas which facilitates the evolution or production of speech. In terms of Universe's expression, Para are the 'virtual' that facilitates the evolution of newer matter forms. For eg. virtual gluons facilitate creation of baryons and mesons. Virtual pions facilitate creation of nucleus.
In terms of Human expression, madhyama is the operating of vocal chords that vibrate the air molecules. It is the 'middle' of the outwardly expression. In terms of Universe's expression, madhyama is the probabilistic quantum force-fields.
In terms of Human expression, vaikhari is the external expression. It is the sound of speech. In terms of Universe's expression, it is the deterministic classical matter of Universe.
In terms of Human expression, Sabda are 'vibrations' or simply 'oscillations' in any range. Sphota are compression/expansion produced Sounds/words. Dvani are vibrations/sabda in the audible range. In terms of Universe's expression, Sphota is Agni, the energy in matter that evolves matter forms. dvani is the flame of Agni, which are the vibrations/oscillations of the matter forms.
vAkyapadiya - Brhadharanyaka - MandukyavAkyapadiya deals with Human expression or grammar of speech in the light of Universe's expression.
Mandukya Upanishad explains the 'top-level model' of Universe as the expression of consciousness of Atman.
Third Verse of Mandukya Upanishad
Jāgaritasthāno bahiṣprajñaḥ saptāṅga ekonaviṃśatimukhaḥ sthūlabhug vaiśvānaraḥ
MeaningBeing awake (jAgaritasthAna) the external consciousness (bAhis prajnA) has seven parts (sapta anga), nineteen faces (ekonavinzati mukhah), enjoyed in sthula form (sthUla bhuk) is the vaisvarnarah, which is the foremost/outermost quarter (prathama pAdah).
What is vaisvanara..?Vaisva-nara means the Universal matter. Nara is the mortal matter. Visva is universe. Vaisva-Nara are those Universal mortal matter forms.
Thse matter forms are what we observe. They are the 'sthula' or 'gross' matter form. What we see outside in gross form of matter has seven parts and has 19 faces.
This is equivalent to the vaikhAri stage of expression. This is the classical universe that is outside our consciousness. Hence it is bAhis-prajna. Thermodynamics rules this classical Universe.
The seven parts of bAhis-prajnAThis Vaisva-Nara, the universal mortal matter is modelled in terms of a human body as 'bAhis-prajnA', which means that exists outside to our prajnA.
If we assume Universe as a biological body, then there are seven parts to Universe as there are seven parts to a biological body. These build, one on top of each other. They are
5. Buddhi Indriyani
6. Karma Indriyani
The Seven parts in terms of Human beings are
2. Thoughts in human beings that builds on top of mind
3. Information content that builds on thoughts
4. Ego that builds on buddhi
5. Organs/processes that add to buddhi
6. Organs/processes that perform Work
7. Pancha-bhuta that make a human being.
The seven parts in terms of Universe's expression are
1. The 'Virtual' that manifests in different forms in Quantum and Classical domains
2. Background Quantum Oscillations
4. Internal Energy that builds on Entropy
5. Energy forms that add to Entropy
6. Thermodynamic processes that perform Work
7. States of Matter that make the Universal matter forms
The Seven parts and Nineteen faces
- Manas, the mind in human beings, is akin to the 'mass' in Quantum and Classical forms.
- Citta, the thoughts in human beings are similar to the background quantum oscillations of energy present in the vacuum.
- Buddhi, the knowledge/information content in human beings, that builds on thoughts is the entropy of the Universal matter forms.
- Aham-kAra, the internal property or ego in human beings, that builds on buddhi is the 'internal energy' of the matter forms in Universe.
- Buddhi Indriyani, the organs/processes that add to knowledge/information content in human beings, like sight, sound, smell, touch, taste are the Electric, Magnetic, Chemical, Kinetic/Heat and mechanical energy forms that affect the entropy of matter forms.
- Karma Indriyani, the organs/processes that perform Work in human beings, like hand-work, movement, reproduction, digestion and speech are the adiabatic, isochoric, isothermal, isobaric and reversible processes that perform 'Work' on Universal matter forms.
- Pancha-bhuta, the five states of matter that make up a biological body are the five states of matter in Universe.
- A biological body is made of Solid (Solid chemical compounds), Liquid (Water, Blood and other fluids), Gas (Air that we breathe), Plasma (Ions in blood) (3) and Bose-Einstein Condensate (Signal processing in brain).
- Universal matter forms are predominant spready as Solid (Prthvi), Liquid (Jal), Gas (vAyu), Plasma (Agni) and Bose-Einstein Condensate (Akasha, the Inter-stellar space).
The 19 faces of bAhis prajnA
The seven part of the external part of consciousness of Atman are expressed in 19 different ways.
In Universe's expression they are the Virtual, Background Quantum Oscillations, Entropy, Internal energy, Five Energy forms that add to entropy and Five Thermodynamic processes.
In biological expression they are Mind, Thoughts, Buddhi, Ego, Five organs of Buddhi, Five organs of Karma and Five matter forms that make a human body.
Next - 'Karana' from saMkhya kArika
Post a Comment